The Tina Resource
Harm Reduction Support Group
SPUNK! is a free service for gay/bi/queer guys, including trans men, to explore making positive changes regarding drug use. The group runs for 6-week sessions in the spring and fall of each year.
For more information about SPUNK! and to register for the next upcoming group, go to: www.actoronto.org/spunk
Emergency support in our community
This section provides information for emergencies and immediate
• All emergencies: 911
• Distress Centre Hotline (Step before 911): 416-408-HELP (4357)
• Police (non-emergency; not life threatening): 416-808-2222
• Community information services/Blue Book: 211 or www.211toronto.ca
Mental health crisis (24/7)
• Gerstein Centre: 416-929-5200
Hospitals (Emergency Departments) (24/7)
• St. Michael’s: 416-864-5094
• Toronto East General: 416-469-6435
• Toronto General: 416-340-3946
• Toronto Western: 416-603-5757
De-tox and withdrawal management (24/7)
• St. Michael’s 410 Sherbourne: 1-866-366-9513 (toll free)
o De-tox & Day Program
o One-on-one Drug Therapy
Deciding to Quit Crystal?
This week-by-week guide can aid you in planing detox and recovery from crystal meth use.
A Guide to Staying Off Crystal For a Day or Longer
www.QuitDay.org helps folks living with HIV/AIDS lead healthier lives by helping with quitting smoking.
Assessments and referrals for treatment programming in Toronto
• Metro Addiction Assessment Referral Service (MAARS):
Harm Reduction Information
• Torontovibe.com: Party drug harm reduction info for folks who party in Toronto’s gay/bi/queer party scenes.
• TRIP! Project: Party drug harm reduction info for youth who party in Toronto’s electronic music scenes.